[hobbit] Devmon Help, devmon now won't stay up

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Mar 11 09:11:33 CET 2008

On Monday 10 March 2008 23:11:46 Taylor Lewick wrote:
> Hate to crosspost, but noticed there aren't a ton of people on the
> devmon mailing lists, so I am posting this to the hobbit list as well...

It would still be better to post only to the devmon list IMHO.

> I was thinking about having devmon try and graph our router's CPU usage,
> so per the GRAPHING doc I added
>

> <!--

>  -->
>

> To the message file in the cpu directory for the 3750 template.
>

> Waited a few cycles, no graph updating, and the checked devmon.log and
> saw that it said Shutting down.

Can you post the actual message from the log file?

> So I removed it and restarted devmon, and now it keeps shutting down
> within 30 seconds of starting it up.  I think it might have something to
> do with the fact that it started to add a larrd graph to the webpage but
> that larrd graph never populated.

If you really mean larrd, well, no.

> I don't get much from running devmon with a bunch of -vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
> or -debug.

You should get at least something, and that may be of interest.

> Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Changing a template should not cause devmon to die, so there must be something
else.

Regards,
Buchan