[hobbit] Service smtp on xxxxxx is not OK : Unexpected service response

Geoff Hallford geoff.hallford at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 18:52:52 CEST 2008

I have also seen this happen when the response is slow from the mail server
to show the 220 message. It does show it but is slow for some reason. I
create a new service called smtp-slow by adding the following and then
configure the bb-hosts entry with 'smtp-slow' instead of smtp. Just a
thought.

This way it doesn't require a 220 response but if it gets a valid
"connection" it is okay. If it can't open a connection, it goes red. It does
limit the amount of app validation but it is the only thing that worked in
my case.

[smtp-slow]
   send "mail\r\nquit\r\n"
   options banner
   port 25

--
'If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.'
--Sam Jackson