[hobbit] include error

McGraw, Robert P rmcgraw at purdue.edu
Wed Jun 11 18:13:14 CEST 2008

I am sorry to say this was the problem.

I had seen this and vi'ed the file to remove the spaces at the end of the
line. I guess in doing other things I did not commit the change and then
just overlooked this in the error messages.

Thanks for your help and getting me past the trees.

Robert

  _____

I am running hobbit 4.2 on SunOS zorn.math.purdue.edu 5.10 Generic_120011-14
sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R

I was using m4 to build my bb-hosts file and so decided to move to the
bb-hosts include tag.

I made the changes and I am now getting

WARNING: Cannot open include file
'/local/hobbit/server/etc/bb-hosts-workstations ', line was:include
/local/hobbit/server/etc/bb-hosts-workstations
WARNING: Cannot open include file '/local/hobbit/server/etc/bb-hosts-sunrays
', line was:include /local/hobbit/server/etc/bb-hosts-sunrays
WARNING: Cannot open include file
'/local/hobbit/server/etc/bb-hosts-workstations ', line was:include
/local/hobbit/server/etc/bb-hosts-workstations
WARNING: Cannot open include file '/local/hobbit/server/etc/bb-hosts-sunrays
', line was:include /local/hobbit/server/etc/bb-hosts-sunrays

Could there be a space or other odd character (carriage return?) at the end
of each include line??  The error message shows the pathname in quotes with
a space before the closing quote...

Ralph Mitchell