[hobbit] Is there a way to clone host definitions in bb-hosts?

John Burk john.d.burk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 05:38:04 CEST 2008

Sweet.  This is exactly what I was looking for.

I'll experiment tomorrow and see if the var (guess I'll have to start
calling it a macro) can be defined in the body of bb-hosts and still
be evaluated correctly in the include files that contain the client
entries.  I'm guessing it will since the section of the hobbit-alerts
manpage that deals with macros mentions that macros can be nested, but
that the inner macro must be defined first.  This leads me to believe
that the config file parser reads line-by-line evaluating as it goes.

I'm just going to get started in the next day or two with alerts
within hobbit, hence my unfamiliarity with macros.  I had quickly
scanned the hobbit-alerts manpage today but had missed the
significance of the section on macros, mainly because it looked at
first glance to be regex evaluation; the example with
"$WEBHOSTS=%(www|intranet|support|mail).foo.com" caught my eye.  Does
the leading '%' always signify some sort of regular expression in
hobbit?

johnB