[hobbit] DevMon

s_aiello at comcast.net s_aiello at comcast.net
Fri Jun 6 17:12:24 CEST 2008

Last time I looked it used a Perl SNMp module. And I found the documentation
to explain exactly what I needed. I haven't made the jump to version 0.3.0,
so maybe the doc changed.

devmon/docs/INSTALLATION

  To install a single-node server, perform the following steps:

  1. Install the SNMP_Session Perl module (v1.08 or later), which
     you can download from:
        http://www.switch.ch/misc/leinen/snmp/perl/

  2. Unpack the Devmon tarball into your preferred directory.  I
     typically use /usr/local/devmon, but it is totally up to you.

  3. Edit the devmon.cfg file.  For a single node installation, the
     options you want to pay particular attention to are:
     MULTINODE, BBHOSTS, SNMPCIDS, PIDFILE, BBTYPE & DISPSERV.  If
     you wish to modify the polling interval type (default is once
     a minute) you should also modify the CYCLETIME variable.
..
.