[hobbit] resend: 2 questions

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Wed Jul 23 14:15:50 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 06:22 -0400, michael nemeth wrote:
> Yes you're right IT does hit the fan then.
>
> Gary Baluha wrote:
> > I say the color should be brown, then...

Brown and orange are the same hue, just different intensities :-)

But I would also like a "hey it's really, really bad" notification.  We
page when there is 30 minutes left on a UPS.  I'd like to page again
when there is 5 minutes left (and it's not always 25 minutes later...)

Another instance is that we page when it is over 80 degrees F in a comm
room.  I'd like to page again when it gets to 100...

I know I could write additional tests and have columns for both upsmin
and upsfailimminent, but a third threshold would be easier to
maintain...

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy