How to write regular expression in client-local.cfg

Samuel Cai Samuel.Cai at ehealth-china.com
Mon Jul 21 10:25:28 CEST 2008

Hi,

We want to monitor important error in a log file, but configuring
trigger part in client-local.cfg doesn't work.

For example, there are two types of errors we want to catch:
OutOfMemoryError and StackOverFlowError, then we configure:

[our server]

log: /var/log/server.log:10240

trigger Error

This doesn't work, Hobbit client still reports last 10240 data, if the
error is outside of that range, we just missed it.

I think this is due to wrongly write the trigger expression, could any
one help on this?

Btw, I sent similar question before, this one should be more clearer.

Thanks,

Samuel Cai