afs_fsmon ext-script

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Fri Jul 11 13:36:45 CEST 2008

To: hobbit at hswndk
Cc: Tracy Di Marco White <gendalia at gmail.com>
Subject: afs_fsmon ext-script

Hi, Tracy et all !

.. don't know, if you are still on the list,
that's why you explicit on the Cc ...

I use your afs_fsmon monitoring-script

ftp://ftp.iastate.edu/pub/bb/ext/afs_fsmon

to check our AFS-Fileserver  with much success .. :-)

But i want also to have the output not only as status-messages
besides as Grpahic and have tested much but without success ... :-(

And now i read (not the first time, but never recognize) under

http://workshop.openafs.org/afsbpw06/talks/gendalia/gendalia-web.html

that you've a configuration to do that !

Monitoring

* We use hobbit for monitoring
* When the http connections on the various web servers start going red en
masse... it's usually an afs server problem
* So I added "rxdebug $HOST 7000 -noconn -rxstats" to my afs monitoring script,
and started alerting on too many calls waiting for a thread.
* It was also simple to have all the numbers rxstats generates fed into an rrd,
so pretty graphs are available, although calls waiting for a thread is the only
one monitored

Can i/we share it with you ?!

Thanks & Cheers

        Martin

P.S.:
Does anybody got further ext-scripts for checking AFS
or monitor the performence ?

It will also welcome ! :-)

Martin Flemming
DESY / IT          office : Building 2b / 008a
Notkestr. 85       phone  : 040 - 8998 - 4667
22603 Hamburg      mail   : martin.flemming at desy.de