[hobbit] Custom web pages based on user?

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Fri Jul 11 00:01:47 CEST 2008

Take insteed ..

page AllServers All Servers
192.168.0.10 NAME1 # conn cpu disk hardware http imap mailq memory msgs procs raid smtp ssh
192.168.0.11 NAME2 # conn cpu disk hardware http memory msgs procs raid ssh
192.168.0.12 NAME3 #  conn cpu disk hardware http memory msgs procs raid ssh

page UserA Help Desk Only
group-only http|imap|mailq|smtp
0.0.0.0 NAME1 # noconn cpu disk hardware http imap mailq memory msgs procs raid smtp ssh
0.0.0.0 NAME2 # noconn cpu disk hardware http memory msgs procs raid ssh

cheers,
 	martin

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008, Ricardo Stella wrote:

> List, I guess I need a bit more help.  The following works, except bbtest
> complains that there are duplicate entries:
>
> page AllServers All Servers
> 192.168.0.10 conn cpu disk hardware http imap mailq memory msgs procs raid
> smtp ssh
> 192.168.0.11 conn cpu disk hardware http memory msgs procs raid ssh
> 192.168.0.12 conn cpu disk hardware http memory msgs procs raid ssh
>
> page UserA Help Desk Only
> group-only http|imap|mailq|smtp
> 192.168.0.10 conn cpu disk hardware http imap mailq memory msgs procs raid
> smtp ssh
> 192.168.0.11 conn cpu disk hardware http memory msgs procs raid ssh
>
> The idea here is that UserA would have access to http://site/UserA/index.html
> and nothing else...
> Thanks in advance...
>

> Ricardo Stella wrote:
>>
>> Just tried a few things after re-reading the man pages.  Duplicating the
>> entries and grouping them to only include what I want seemed to do the
>> trick.
>>
>> Only concern I would have is would hobbit (specially bbnet) duplicate the
>> tests ?  We just moved from bigbrother...

>>> to figure out how to generate the pages themselves in the sub directories
>>> (or is it based on 'page' in bb-hosts)?
>>> It is

>>> for the same host in bb-hosts with only the necessary checks to do? Would
>>> hobbit attempt to do these checks twice though?
>>> I would assume you put the host on there twice, that's all I could tell
>>> you.
>>>
>>> I was just pointing you in a direction which you could look.  I have no
>>> experience to tell you any more information, sorry =(
>>>
>>> Josh Luthman
>>> Office: 937-552-2340
>>> Direct: 937-552-2343
>>> 1100 Wayne St
>>> Suite 1337
>>> Troy, OH 45373
>>>
>>> Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.
>>> --- Henry Spencer
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Ricardo Stella <stella at rider.edu
>>> <mailto:stella at rider.edu>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Thanks Josh for your suggestions...
>>>
>>>     However I'm still not clear on the hobbit end of things.  I mean,
>>>     I need to figure out how to generate the pages themselves in the
>>>     sub directories (or is it based on 'page' in bb-hosts)?
>>>
>>>     Also, would this mean that for every user I would have multiple
>>>     entries for the same host in bb-hosts with only the necessary
>>>     checks to do? Would hobbit attempt to do these checks twice though?
>>>
>>>     And finally, how about for tests that are generated from the hosts
>>>     themselves (ie disk, cpu, etc)? How can these be adjusted to
>>>     display on some pages and not others? I guess 'group-only
>>>     COLUMN1|COLUMN2...' would help me establish only the ones I want,
>>>     right?
>>>
>>>     Any examples out there? TIA...
>>>
>>>     Josh Luthman wrote:
>>>
>>>         http://myhost.com/hobbit/radios58/radios58.html
> [...]

Gruss

        Martin Flemming

Martin Flemming
DESY / IT          office : Building 2b / 008a
Notkestr. 85       phone  : 040 - 8998 - 4667
22603 Hamburg      mail   : martin.flemming at desy.de