LOG file monitoring

Alan Sparks asparks at doublesparks.net
Thu Jul 10 01:34:50 CEST 2008

I think your first problem, as I understand, is that wildcards are not understood in the LOG
directive.  If you need to use wildcards, or handle conditions where the exact full file
pathname is not known, you need to use backticks and give a command that can print the
exact filenames.

You might experiment with using a client-local.cfg directive something like:
log:`/bin/ls /wls_domains/*/servers/*adminServer/logs/*domain.log`:10240

or
log:`/bin/echo /wls_domains/*/servers/*adminServer/logs/*domain.log`:10240

I have done similar things using a "find" command, as well.
-Alan