[hobbit] Monitoring FLEXnet License Manager

michael nemeth michael.nemeth at lmco.com
Tue Jul 8 13:33:06 CEST 2008

What I meant; same script but  for the "magic"  LMSTATDIR=  line

Also, while I can get what you did to work for me easy,  looks like your
"set-up" is different than mine I have to do /wherethelmstatis -a -c
/wherethelicensefile is.
I THINK I remember you can set wherethelicensefile  in and environmental
variable .
so this becomes /wherethelmstatis -a

Actually what I use is: /wherethelmstatis -a -c port at system that is:
wherethelmstatis -a -c 22777 at mobile2  (my  mathlab host)
Which is nice for me since I can "contact" different license server from
one host!
If your lmstat returns Licence server Status: 22777 at mobile2
(mine returns License server Status:
22777 at mobile2.22777@ntw,22777 at sectcfs1 ;
hope this isn't going to be a problem)
Also:
"10.0.0.10 host.example.net #
TRENDS:*,flexlm:flexlm|flexlm1|flexlm2|flexlm3 "

Is it true that on the matlab host you get just the flexlm and flexlm1
while on the maple host you only get

I'm being very inquisitive because Im planning on post in my clearcasse
and mutlisite scripts
soon (don't use flexlm)and want to make sure I handle issues and am
using you script and post as an example.

Aslo I may adapt to script to work like my clearcasse and mutlisite scripts;
they run on my hobbit server since the clearlicense will return the info
from where the
license server running and I put the info in a pseudo host 0.0.0.0
licenses .
I might what to do that with the flexlm too, so want to understand it well!
I might not since I've 30 different instances of  flexlm !