hobbit, falcom Samba55 and SMStools

Lárus Rafn Halldórsson lalli at slepja.com
Fri Jul 4 13:27:56 CEST 2008

Hello.

I am trying to get smstools to communicate to my Samba 55 USB modem on linux, to no awail..

I know this is not exactly the spot to ask about this, but as this is the first step to get hobbit to send SMS with Samba and smstools I shoot anyhow..

I turned off the pin request in a mobile before inserting the sim card into the Samba...

the system registers the modem as ttyUSB0 and i have that in the smsd.conf (device = /dev/ttyUSB0) but the system never seems to get response from the GSM modem... it does not respond to AT commands or anything.. green light is blinking on the unit (meaning it connects to the gsm network I think)

what am I doing wrong?