Setting up second network tester

Eric Jacobs eric.jacobs at thomastechsolutions.com
Thu Jan 31 21:29:43 CET 2008

My Hobbit server does the display, network testing and alerting. Using the
default 5 minute interval for network tests. Some have complained that
connectivity tests to certain routers should happen more frequently. But, as
far as I can see, network testing interval is an all or nothing variable. So
I'm thinking of setting up second network tester and using NET variable in
bb-hosts to have the particular routers in question tested by second network
tester, running its tests more frequently.

Preamble done - now, how do I go about setting up second network tester?
Configuring another server and disabling all unnecessary tasks in
hobbitlaunch.cfg? If so, which will I need for the tester to work properly?

Eric Jacobs