[hobbit] Future of Hobbit - Getting added to distro repos

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Wed Jan 30 22:15:04 CET 2008

I'm using CentOS but I always install rpmforge once the install is done.  I
know for a fact that rrdtool is in either the CentOS or rpmforge repo's.  If
you're correct that the rrdtool isn't on the CentOS repo, it is on the
rpmforge one.

It is a VERY easy install:

http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories/RPMForge

Here's a snip from my install notes:

yum -y install yum-priorities
wget http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el5/en/i386/RPMS.dag/rpmforge-release-0.3.6-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm
rpm --import http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.dag.txt
rpm -K rpmforge-release-0.3.6-1.el5.rf.*.rpm
rpm -i rpmforge-release-0.3.6-1.el5.rf.*.rpm
yum -y install gcc gcc-c++ pcre-devel libpng-devel openssl-devel
openldap-devel fping rrdtool-devel
yum -y update

--
Josh Luthman