[hobbit] array drive monitoring under hp servers G5 with solaris 10 x86

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Jan 30 13:39:59 CET 2008

On Wednesday 30 January 2008 14:25:12 Etienne Grignon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We got several servers with os solaris 10 x86 on hardware HP DL360 G5
> and we want to be able to monitor the status of the array drives
> configured on the embedded raid crontoler (p400i). Even if HP support
> solaris, they doesn't seem to publish the appropriate monitoring
> software for this configuration.

If hpasm is available for Solaris, then devmon can monitor almost everything
there is to be monitored, including raid controller status (physical drives,
logical drives, spares) via SNMP.

> The utility array-info
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/array-info) we use on redhat is just
> available for linux.

We use hpasm and devmon to monitor our ProLiant's running Red Hat Enterprise
Linux.

If hpasm is available, and you use devmon, please discuss further on the
devmon mailing list.

Regards,
Buchan