LDAP warning during configure on latest snapshot

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Wed Jan 23 15:49:20 CET 2008

I'm seeing this error during the LDAP section of ./configure on all of
the latest snapshots, including todays.  My hobbit server is running
RHEL5 and I've got all of the latest errata RPMs applied.

<snip>
Checking for LDAP ...
test-ldap.c: In function ‘main’:
test-ldap.c:16: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘ldap_init’
test-ldap.c:16: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
Found LDAP include files in /usr/include
Found LDAP libraries in /usr/lib

Hobbit can use your OpenLDAP LDAP client library to test LDAP servers.
<snip>

I don't have LDAP on my network so I can't verify whether or not this
affects the Hobbit tests, but I wanted to share it just in case.

Tom