[hobbit] parsing notifications.log

Anna Jonna Armannsdottir annaj at hi.is
Tue Jan 15 19:21:37 CET 2008

On mán, 2008-01-14 at 11:30 -0500, Val Polyakov wrote:
> Has anyone made a script that parses hobbit's notifications.log to create a
> report for the day?
>
> I was thinking something along the lines of a perl script that parses the
> notifications.log file to create a report that specifies what pages were sent
> out, how much time passed before the alert recovered, etc
>
> I didn't really want to reinvent the wheel and code the script if someone else
> has already done so
>
> So.. is there such a script in existence? And if so, can you share it ? :)
>
> Val

Hi Val,
thanks for bringing this subject up. It enabled me to rediscover the
notification log page in the reports. I had applied the allinone patch,
but had not been using the page.

The information in the log seems to indicate how long time passes from
alert notification until the alert recovery notification.  This is not
exactly the alert duration, but it is useful information, when there
is doubt about who was alerted and when, ahd who was notified of
recovery and when and the event duration as seen from the staff.

As an example of the notification log page in Hobbit, I enclose
a page for today.

--
Kindest Regards, Anna Jonna Ármannsdóttir,       %&   A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Unix System Aministration, Computing Services,   %&   Q: Why is top posting bad?