[hobbit] custom paging script

Gary Baluha gumby3203 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 21:51:18 CET 2008

Actually, it will send out pages for that as well, since the actual paging
is still controlled by hobbit-alerts.cfg.  The part where it is grep'ing for
red and yellow is just to get the particular item in a non-green state.  For
instance, if you are monitoring 10 processes on a machine, instead of
showing ALL processes, including the green ones, only the ones in a
non-green state will show up with this script.  It's actually looking for
"&yellow" or "&red".

The error message will look like:
Subject = !HB [12345]
Body = machine.procs red
&red someproc (found 0, req. 1 or more)

And the recovery messages will look something like this:
Subject = !HB [-1]
Body = machine.procs red

If you wanted to use something else instead of "-1" to indicate recovery,
you could add something like the following in place of the msg=<blah> lines:
if [ ${ACKCODE} -eq "-1" ] then; msg="Recovered";
else msg=` <blah>`; msg="\n${msg}";
done