Strange SELinux messages

Tim Boyer tim at denmantire.com
Wed Jan 9 04:43:19 CET 2008

I'm running Hobbit 4.20 on a RHEL5 system.  I installed it on a system that
has SELinux set to permissive, rather than disabled, and I'm seeing this in
my syslog file:

Jan  7 21:38:28 gage.denmantire.com setroubleshoot:      SELinux prevented
/bin/mount from mounting on the file or directory
"/home/hobbit/client/logs/hobbitclient.log" (type "user_home_t").      For
complete SELinux messages. run sealert -l
a90b3564-5af0-4566-b32c-db3e9836f3e9

Jan  7 21:38:28 gage.denmantire.com setroubleshoot:      SELinux prevented
/bin/mount from mounting on the file or directory
"/home/hobbit/client/tmp/msg.gage.denmantire.com.txt.16833" (type
"user_home_t").      For complete SELinux messages. run sealert -l
1d1ee19d-38ad-4ed0-a83a-be83244b6381

Jan  7 21:48:30 gage.denmantire.com setroubleshoot:      SELinux prevented
/bin/mount from mounting on the file or directory
"/home/hobbit/client/tmp/msg.gage.denmantire.com.txt.17761" (type
"user_home_t").      For complete SELinux messages. run sealert -l
6fe72cfa-2b2a-4820-8326-6faa4fe2d918

and so on.   I checked with a friend who's seeing the same error messages.

I don't think anything's actually happening, but it looks to me like Hobbit
is trying to mount something on a file?

Anyone else seeing something similar?  Any idea what's happening here?

Thanks,

--
Tim Boyer
Chief Technology Officer