[hobbit] change alert email text?

Gary Baluha gumby3203 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 15:32:23 CET 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 5:40 PM, Stewart L <stewartl42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Especially if they all go to the team responsible, and that team's
> management.  And my team (Security) gets all alerts for production
> systems, regardless who is the business owner. :)
>
> And I've had folks claim they didn't get alert emails before.  Had to
> whip out the notification.log file on them.

Ahh, I love that notification.log file.  There's nothing more satisfying
that whipping that log out and then backing it up with the maillogs to prove
they definitely received the emails and either deleted them or spam-filtered
them.  The look they have (or silence, if on the phone) is priceless when
they think they have a way to "prove" Hobbit needs to be replaced, only to
learn that they can't sneak anything past it.