no graphs from mpstat

Klomp, H. klomph at nlr.nl
Fri Jan 4 11:57:47 CET 2008

I'm trying to setup mpstat to monitor systems with multiple cpu's, but the graphs are not created.
Can someone help me with this ?

The information is send from the client to the server and in the rrd data directory I have a file called
mpstat.CPU2.rrd
but there are no values in the last ds (see example)
       <ds>
                <name> CPU </name>
                <type> GAUGE </type>
                <minimal_heartbeat> 600 </minimal_heartbeat>
                <min> 0.0000000000e+00 </min>
                <max> 3.2000000000e+01 </max>

                <!-- PDP Status -->
                <last_ds>  </last_ds>
                <value> NaN </value>
                <unknown_sec> 241 </unknown_sec>
        </ds>

the contents of the hobbit_mpstat.hostname.send file is
CPUs: 2
CPU0usr: 17.18
CPU0sys: 1.34
CPU0wt: 0.06
CPU0idl: 81.31
CPU1usr: 26.16
CPU1sys: 1.40
CPU1wt: 0.06
CPU1idl: 72.29

And I have copied the rrd_data.pl from the shire and can't find a typo in it.

Any suggestions would be appriciated.

Regards,

Bert Klomp