[hobbit] bbcmd --area option

s_aiello at comcast.net s_aiello at comcast.net
Fri Feb 29 18:10:40 CET 2008

On Thursday 28 February 2008, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 04:41:26PM -0500, s_aiello at comcast.net wrote:
> > Should bbcmd honor the --area option ? per the hobbitserver.cfg:
> >
> > areas are invoked by using the "--area" option for all tools, or via the
> > ENVAREA setting in the hobbitlaunch.cfg(5) file.
> >
> > Presently it doesn't seem to hobbit 4.2.0 (all-in-one patch):
> >
> > $ bin/bbcmd --area DB
>
> Try "bbcmd --area=DB ...."

That works... and was obvious.. I should of guessed.

Next question, Can multiple ENVAREA's be specified in the clientlaunch.cfg ?
If multiple are specified, if the same value is defined in both...  will the
last ENVAREA defined override, the previous ?

<hobbitclient.cfg>
VAR="/bin/black-badger"
RAV="/bin/toothbrush"

G1/VAR="/bin/blue-badger"
G1/RAV="/bin/floss"

G2/VAR="/bin/beige-badger"

<clientlaunch.cfg>
[scriptA]
  ENV etc/hobbitclient.cfg
  ENVAREA G1
  ENVAREA G2

so for scriptA will ENV vars be ?

VAR="/bin/beige-badger"
RAV="/bin/floss"

or should multiple ENVAREA's be avoided ?

 ~Steve