[hobbit] Problems with recent snapshots

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Feb 27 22:05:49 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 03:52:13PM +0100, Etienne Grignon wrote:
> 2008/2/26, Stefansson HÃ¥kan <Hakan.Stefansson at uppsala.se>:
> >  2. The hobbitclient.sh script, which should run hobbitclinet-sunos.sh, tries to run hobbitclient-SunOS.sh which doesn'nt exist. The problem is in this line:
> >         BBOSSCRIPT="hobbitclient-`uname -s | tr '[A-Z/]' '[a-z_]'`.sh"
> >  In an older version this line reads
> >         BBOSSCRIPT="hobbitclient-`uname -s | tr '[A-Z]' '[a-z]'`.sh"
> >  which works, so it seems that tr doesn't like the added / to _ conversion.

Right ... seems "tr" doesnt like this. Fixed in the next snapshot.

> Could you try with hobbit 4.2 with bbwin patch ? I'm sure you won't
> have this issue on the stable release. The snapshot seems to be
> unstable these days because I think some important modifications are
> being made on the core.

I think most of the core-dumping / non-compiling bugs I've introduced lately
should be fixed now.

But you're somewhat right - there are some changes happening. We are
adding a bunch of servers where bandwidth might be limited, so today
I've added compression of the messages going between clients and
hobbitd. Seems client data can compress around a 4:1 ratio.