[hobbit] hobbitgraph settings for multible values?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Feb 19 09:26:34 CET 2008

On Tuesday 19 February 2008 01:58:39 Maik Heinelt wrote:
>  Yes,I use ncv for the graph
>
>  Do you have some more info's about to get the temp by using devmon? I have
> running devmon on my hobbit server to check my switches.

If your hardware vendor provides SNMP agents (Dell and HP do), install them,
ensure your devmon server can poll them,  add appropriate DEVMON tags to
bb-hosts (e.g. DEVMON:model(dell;poweredge) or DEVMON:model(compaq;server),
run devmon --readbbhosts, and you should get tests from DEVMON for the
server. If you want graphs, you need devmon 0.3.0rc1, and you either need to
patch hobbit with the patch supplied in the release and drop the do_devmon.c
in hobbitd/rrd, to add the devmon collector, or use the perl script. There is
some documentation in docs/GRAPHING. You also need to copy the graph
definitions. After that, graphs should work for all devmon tests that have
graphs enabled (which includes the temp tests for dell-poweredge and
compaq-server).

Regards,
Buchan