[hobbit] Memory reporting - Solaris 10

Dominique Frise Dominique.Frise at unil.ch
Tue Feb 12 08:49:01 CET 2008

Hi Vernon,

swap -l does not include swap space in the form of physical memory (RAM), but
swap -s does. Look at swap(1M) man page for details.

Hobbit uses swap -s to report values for the memory column.
The Swap "Total" column sums "used" and "available" values, thus (2335424k +
8006816k)/1024 = 10100M.

Note taht the top utility for Solaris 10 also uses swap -l to report memory
statistics.

Dominique