[hobbit] Port check from server

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Feb 8 22:33:48 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 02:16:30PM -0500, Josh Luthman wrote:
> I'm after that second option - though when I telnet the port I don't get any
> information back, can the test still be accomplished with this?  There are
> no welcome messages or anything of the sort =/

Doesn't matter. Unless there's an "expect FOO" then Hobbit doesn't
expect the service to return any data. What you're after is just like
the "qmtp" check in the default bb-services file:

    [qmtp]
        port 209

Just define your service like that, and you can then configure it in
bb-hosts like all the other standard network tests.