[hobbit] Client Data not showing up

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Feb 7 17:29:42 CET 2008

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 09:59:34AM -0500, Snyder, Howard wrote:

> Trying 10.184.16.150...
> Connected to 10.184.16.150.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> Connection to 10.184.16.150 closed by foreign host.

There should be a delay (about 30 seconds, if memory serves me right)
before the connection is closed - that is how long Hobbit will wait for
data to be sent from the client.

The "bb" utility from the Hobbit client really is the best way to do the
connection test - run
   bb IP-OF-HOBBIT-SERVER ping
and it should respond with the version number of your Hobbit server. Add
a --debug option just after the "bb" command for some more detail.

If you can connect, but the bb-ping test fails, then there are a couple
of possibilities:

1) The IP-address you're using is wrong
2) There's a firewall or proxy which blocks port 1984
3) The Hobbit daemon restricts what IP-adresses it will talk to
   (the --status-senders option to hobbitd in hobbitlaunch.cfg)

Probably something else I just cannot think of right now ...