[hobbit] Would xymon survive?

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Fri Dec 12 18:46:50 CET 2008

On Friday 12 December 2008, michael nemeth wrote:
> Oh I agree with you about license. What foolishness!  We have MANY
> license that have no support.
> So wrong about "commercial licenses".
Have you ever tried to get support if you have a 'commercial licenses'?  I
work for an IBM, Oracle and Microsoft business partner, and only 1 out of xxx
calls is solved by the software supplier.  Most of the time they wait long
enough for us to find a solution or a work around.
And most of the time, the solution is to upgrade to the latest version.  And
to do so, you have to upgrade everything: software / OS / firmware.

Stef