[hobbit] Status Not Available

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Dec 9 09:37:37 CET 2008

On Tuesday 09 December 2008 00:22:34 MFisher at hra.com wrote:
> Hello All!  I have the following setup for hobbit / xymon.:
>
> Linux Fedora 9 and Hobbitserver 4.2.2-RC1
>
> I was able to successfully install hobbit and it shows up in a browser with
> the configured hosts. the problem i am having is with viewing CURRENT
> status. Whenever i click the icon for status, i get a blank white page with
> "Status not Available". HISTORY functions however work.
>
> I suspected it be a permission problem so I set all files to global 777 and
> even tried chown all of em to apache. Obviously this is in a test env but
> even with the completely wide open perm, still same issue.
>
> The bb-hostcvs.sh returns status not available but nothing is written to
> the hobbit or apache log files that would give an idea as to why this is
> happening.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas?

SELinux. Either apply the right contexts to the hobbit cgi files, or turn off
SELinux protection for Apache, or (if you really can't be bothered with using
SELinux correctly), turn it off.

(if you are interested in using SELinux correctly, install setroubleshoot, and
tail it's log while you access the CGIs ...).

I previously sent the 2 or 3 SELinux commands required to make things work
without disabling anything related to SELinux to the list ...

Regards,
Buchan