[hobbit] Services listed multiple times on the info page

Thomas Kähn tk at westend.com
Wed Dec 3 09:16:57 CET 2008

Hi Henrik,

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 09:28:22PM +0000, Henrik Størner wrote:
> In <20081202085032.GI17972 at mail3b.westend.com> Thomas =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=E4hn?= <tk at westend.com> writes:
>
> >for some systems some services are listed multiple times in the alerting
> >table on the info page. E.g. conn and cpu are listed three times but
> >http is listed only once. Though there is no different alerting
> >configuration for the different services.
>
> Could you try running the command
>    bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdboard host=HOSTNAME test=conn fields=hostname,testname,color"
>
> for one of those hosts ? It should print out just a single line - if there
> are multiple lines that would be an error.
>
> I've seen it happen on rare occasions, but haven't been able to track
> it down yet. It's one of those 'this cannot happen' things.

thanks for your response.

This problem seems to be simple problem when matching the hostname:

# bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdboard host=manager test=conn fields=hostname,testname,color"
manager|conn|green
managereval|conn|green
managertest|conn|green

http is not checked for eval and test. So it prints out only one line:

# bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdboard host=manager test=http fields=hostname,testname,color"
manager|http|green

Best regards
Thomas
--
Thomas Kähn                        NetCologne
Network Engineering & Design       Gesellschaft für Telekommunikation mbH