History File Management

David B. Ritch david.ritch at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 22:38:27 CEST 2008

I recently installed hobbit to monitor nodes in a cluster.  It's a very
good product - thanks to all who have worked on it!

I noticed after a while, that the hobbit home directory was growing in
an apparently boundless fashion.  On further investigation, I discovered
that on one server, my history files had grown to several gigabytes.
After a while, this growth becomes unsustainable.

Am I doing something wrong?  How do others manage the growth of hobbit
history and log files?
I'm not referring to those in /var/log/hobbit - that's easy to handle
with logrotate.  I'm concerned about the directories associated with
each client under the server data directory.

Thanks!

David