Antwort: [hobbit] hobbit-clients.cfg not recognizing DISK /autoyast IGNORE

Matthias.Anthes at dfs.de Matthias.Anthes at dfs.de
Wed Aug 27 08:04:35 CEST 2008

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

momentanely I´am working on a concept for monitoring tools which compares
some montitoring tools in regard of the requirements of our company.

Can you tell me if the following requirements will be fulfilled by your
tool?

(1) Open Source Solution
(2) Big community is available
(3) Documentation is at a high quality
(4) Tool is easy to operate
(5) The Tool configuration is easy
(6) HMI configuration is easy
(7) Background pictures can be implementet
(8) Support of SNMP v1,v2,v3
(9) It is possible to call scripts (shell scripts, perl scripts and so on)
(10) Definition of roles possible
(11) Processing of Traps possible
(12) Tool shall be extendable
(13) Longtime-monitoring shall be possible.

Please can you checkmark these items?

I create a list with a lot of features for the tools but unfortunately
have some open points also for your tool BigSister.

So I would ask you if you can make checkmarks to the open features if your
tool will fulfill the features.
Here they are:

1.      Alert-Form (mail, SMS, pager,?.)
2.      History of generated Status changes displayable/archieveable
3.      Logging and Display of Performance data
4.      Protocolls (snmp, ssh,?)
5.      HW support like VMWare, Cisco, Juniper, F5, Veritas, Nortel, EMC,
NetApp?
6.      Support of geographic network maps
7.      redundancy by starting multiple instances possible
8.      Real-time diagnosis
9.      Local tests by installing application on a client
10.     history and reports
11.     flexibility: Def. of alarm thresholds and warning, HMI adaptable
12.     User management
13.     longterm monitoring
14.     Availibility report
15.     Virtualisation possible
16.     Templates available
17.     XML-Data-Import / Export
18.     Application load distribution on multiple hosts
19.     Integration of failure and performance monitoring

Can you return the answer to my e-mail-account please?

In hope of a quick answer I send you many regards,

I need this information urgently because I have to finish the concept on
friday

Many regards,

DFS Deutsche Flugsicherung GmbH
Am DFS-Campus 10
D - 63225 Langen

Tel.: +49-(0)6103-707-0

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Langen/Hessen
Zuständiges Registergericht: AG Offenbach am Main, HRB 34977
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Robert Scholl
Geschäftsführer: Dieter Kaden (Vors.), Ralph Riedle, Jens Bergmann

Internet: http://www.dfs.de
Public-Key der DFS: http://www.dfs.de/dfs/public_key.asc