[hobbit] link failure

Thomas.Weber at ses-engineering.com Thomas.Weber at ses-engineering.com
Wed Aug 20 15:56:12 CEST 2008

Hi Francois,

thanks that helped. I could not find a newer package than 1.2.19. So I
tried to build rrdtool 1.2.28 on my box, which complained not to find
freetype2 and libart libraries.
After installation of these packages the hobbit configuration script
worked.

thanks

Thomas Weber

             Francois CLAIRE
             <fclaire at free.fr>
             20-08-2008 15:16          hobbit at hswn.dk
                                                                        cc

              hobbit at hswn.dk           Re: [hobbit] link failure

Hello Thomas,

Try to update your rrdtool to the latest version (1.3) and then try
again your ./configure

I've compiled hobbit with rrdtool 1.3.0 and it worked good.

Francois.

Thomas.Weber at ses-engineering.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to setup a hobbit server on a Solaris 8 box. When running
./configure
> --server the scripts stops with following error:
>

> Checking for RRDtool ...
> test-rrd.c: In function `main':
> test-rrd.c:30: error: too few arguments to function `rrd_graph'
> make: *** [test-compile] Error 1
> Not RRDtool 1.0.x, checking for 1.2.x
> Found RRDtool include files in /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.19/include
> ERROR: RRDtool library files found in /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.19/lib, but
> link fails.
>

>       thanks for any help
>

> Thomas Weber
>

> DISCLAIMER:
> This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be
legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing
or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author
by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must
not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk