[hobbit] clear "msgs" column under CentOS 5.x and later versions of Fedora despite hobbitclient.sh hack

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Mon Aug 18 09:55:20 CEST 2008

On Friday 15 August 2008 08:03:28 Thomas Leavitt wrote:
> All,
>

> I just spent way too much time too late at night to be doing this,
> trying to figure out why my CentOS 5.1 VM had a "clear" under the
> "msgs" column, despite having implemented the standard modification to
> hobbitclient.sh and put the proper entry in /etc/sudoers.

Well, I normally just provide the hobbit user with access to the relevant log
files with standard unix permission changes.

E.g., on a default Fedora-like installation, this should be sufficient:

# gpasswd -a hobbit adm

(although you could rather consider changing group ownership on the log files
instead).

Regards,
Buchan