Skinned Hobbit (eww) discussion

Robert Holden robertholden at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 18:57:38 CEST 2008

With all the discussion about icons, I figured I would open another
can-of-worms (so to speak).

I don't know if this has been discussed before (I could not find anything in
my searches).  As part of getting buyoff from managers we changed the look
of hobbit to be a little less "dark".  We only make one change to the code
(to make highlighting of the line work), all other changes were to the
web/www files.

Major Changes:
 - Moved menu down to make room for 'company banner'
 - changed colors (background/font/etc)
 - Removed background (we were annoyed by the "blink" everytime the screen
refreshed)
 - Added status "line" between company banner & menu, also below the footer.
 - Added highlight function: highlights line that mouse is over
 - changed icons
 - changed footer

I wanted to see what others thought of our effort.  Also, I wanted to see if
others think it would be worth the time to make hobbit 'skins' (never really
cared for that term).

I am willing to help in any effort.

See attached. (sanitized version).

Robert