[hobbit] Need help in hobbit monitor

s_aiello at comcast.net s_aiello at comcast.net
Fri Aug 8 20:17:28 CEST 2008

The two suggestion given, were really and either or. Though you could perform
both, but it is rather redundant.

Option 1: NOCOLUMNS, that is a bbtag and belongs with each server you want to
hide those reports. i.e.
1.2.3.4    furrybunny.server.com   # NOCOLUMNS:files,msgs

This is a bbtag defined in the server/etc/bb-hosts file, thusly it's usage is
documented in "man bb-hosts".

Option 2: hobbitd_client paramters.
If you applied as you said, but did not perform 'server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "drop
furrybunny.server.com files"' for both files & msgs. Well then those reports
will be purple in 30 secs. They are purple because those reports are no longer
generating, and thus the data is stale.

if you are unsure of the commands or suggestions that have been given, please
read up on the man pages for further details. You should never implement a
command or parameter you are not sure of.