[hobbit] host-specific settings

CCS Unixbeheer ccs.unixbeheer at nxp.com
Fri Aug 8 12:56:21 CEST 2008

From hobbit-clients.cfg.5.html

      The entire file is evaluated from the top to bottom, and the first
match found is used. So you should put the specific settings first, and the
generic ones last

Kind regards

                                       <hobbit at hswn.dk>
                                                                        cc
     "Johan Booysen"
     <johan at matrix-data.co.uk>                                     Subject
                                       [hobbit] host-specific settings

         Please respond to
          hobbit at hswn.dk

I’m new to hobbit monitor, and trying to set up host-specific settings in
hobbit-clients.cfg on the hobbit server.  At the moment I want to do a
simple test, so that default settings apply to all clients except for
server1 for which I want to use other disk space parameters:

In hobbit-clients.cfg I have:

DEFAULT
        # These are the built-in defaults.
        UP      1h
        LOAD    5.0 10.0
        DISK    * 90 95
        MEMPHYS 100 101
        MEMSWAP 50 80
        MEMACT  90 97

HOST=server1
 DISK    * 95 99

However, server1 still applies the default settings for DISK.  I’ve
reloaded the hobbit service so it rereads its config files, but after about
30 minutes the changes still don’t seem to have taken effect.

I’ve followed the instructions on the hobbit-config.html help page, but
think I may be missing something.

Any advice on this?

Thanks.