[hobbit] Why the next Hobbit release hasn't happened yet

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 8 00:33:37 CEST 2008

From: "Henrik Stoerner" <henrik at hswn.dk>
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 3:41 PM
Newsgroups: lists.hobbit
To: <hobbit at hswn.dk>
Subject: Re: [hobbit] Why the next Hobbit release hasn't happened yet

"Henrik Stoerner" <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote in message
news:g7fmml$ugn$1 at voodoo.hswn.dk...
> In <489AEE96.1030504 at mcclatchyinteractive.com> Tom Georgoulias
> <tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com> writes:
>
>>Henrik Stoerner wrote:
>
>>> It would obviously be good to have more people involved in the
>>> programming.  One roadblock for this has been that the source code has
>>> not been available in a public repository. That is about to change;
>>> I am working on setting up a Subversion repository for the Hobbit code
>>> on SourceForge.
>
>>Just wondering, will you be reviewing patches before they are committed
>>or are you going to have a fairly liberal check in policy?
>
> To begin with, I'd like to keep an eye on what gets committed to the
> code base. However, I don't want to become a bottleneck. My hope is that
> there will be a few persons who contribute regularly, and whom I can trust
> to do things the "right" way (whatever that is), so I don't have to
> check on everything they do.

I will provide the framework/infrastructure for hobbit development to ensure
we have
a good process.

ie, code(by many persons), compile,packaging, testing and finally released
packages
(not just binary).

I will document this in hobbit developer slide.

http://hobbitmon.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/hobbitmon/branches/tjyang/trunk/docs/books/hobbit-slides/hobbit-slides-developer.pdf?revision=5689

currentl the pdf is very very raw.

tj