[hobbit] Don't make the pie higher! (was: RE: [hobbit] "Hobbit" name legal stuff; slight name change will happen)

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 16:38:10 CEST 2008

I am not sure if any member use TWiki. The creater of TWiki ran into
similar issues with the copywrite owner of Buck Rogers. Twiki was the
kid sized robot. That Robot now appears on the page, along with a
disclaimer. I guess the difference there is that twiki.org may
actually bring some $'s to the original owners simply in advertising
an old memory. Unfortnately, the recent movies have had the opposite
effect with hobbit.

So before we lose momentum, what software sits behind the shire?

Can we get a poll going?

I guess before we get a poll we need to create a list of choices.
Unless someone has a better method, send your suggestions direct to

philwild at gmail dot com.

I will set up a filter to collect them.

Send the mail with a subject as such:

hobbitname: suggested_name

I will post a list of all suggested names to the list on August 15.
Then perhaps we can set up a poll where we can vote.

Thoughts?

Phil

--
Tel: 0400 466 952