[hobbit] URLplus

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 22:04:59 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Thomas Laurids Pedersen <tlp at mach.com>
wrote:

> Can this new extension do the post like the builtin http test can do ?
>
> Regards, Thomas

I don't think so, as it currently stands.  This line:

   $ret=qx(curl -m $tout -s -k -S $pstr "$url" 2>&1);

in showUrl is the bit that actually fetches the web page.  To do a POST
using curl, you would need to change that to:

   $ret=qx(curl -m $tout -s -k -S -d $postArgs $pstr "$url" 2>&1);

with matching additions elsewhere to fill the $postArgs variable with
whatever you want to post.  If you're wanting to implement something that
performs a login, you'd probably want to track cookies as well.

I'm not much of a perl programmer, so I'm not confident about making such
changes.  On the other hand, I've done quite a lot of this in Bourne
shell...

Ralph Mitchell