Help adding a custom graph - have RRD, nothing on status page

Alan Sparks asparks at doublesparks.net
Tue Apr 15 01:56:10 CEST 2008

I'm having no luck getting a custom graph (or graph set) to display on
my Hobbit 4.2 install.  I think I'm not missing a step, but cannot get
it to work.

I've created a custom status test for Squid.  I've written an
extra-script for it (added to the hobbitlaunch for the rrdstatus
program), and that is creating a squid.rrd file for the client.  Content
looks good, querying it via rrdtool.

I've created an entry "[squid}" in my hobbitgraph.cfg, using the
squid.rrd file.

I've added the test name "squid" to the TEST2RRD hobbitserver.cfg
variable, at the end.  I am getting the "squid" test in my Hobbit host
display, but there is no graph.  No broken link, nothing except the
status text.

I've also created additional graph entries for displaying alternate
views of the data in the RRD, namely "[squidhr]", "[squidsvc]", and
"[squidreq]", to display hit ratios, service times, etc.  I've added
these named to the GRAPHS variable in the hobbitserver.cfg, and
unfortunately have no trends graphs either.

What might I be missing?  I've fully restarted Hobbit many times, tried
off-the-wall incantations in TEST2RRD such as "squid=squid" rather than
just "squid", tried putting just "squid" in the GRAPHS variable to get a
trend graph of any sort... all to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any clues what I might be missing, or anything...
-Alan

--
Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Integration and Administration
<asparks at doublesparks.net>