DURATION explanation in hobbit-alerts.cfg

Taylor Lewick tlewick at tradebotsystems.com
Fri Apr 11 20:16:57 CEST 2008

Okay, I've read the hobbit-alerts man page and docs.

Under Duration the man page says: Rule matching an alert if the event
has lasted longer/shorter than the given duration.  And then it goes on
to give examples and those are in minutes.

But for the ping test for a host being down, I only want to send the
alert if a host is unresponsive for at least 1 minute (trying to
eliminate a bunch of false positives)  So I set it up for a single host
with the following rule...

HOST=test103

MAIL xyz DURATION>1 REPEAT=10 COLOR=red RECOVERED

So based on the alerts I've received (see below), Duration isn't per
minute.  So is there a way to set the alerts so I can specify don't send
an alert unless its 1 minute.

Service conn on test103 is not OK : Host does not respond to ping

System unreachable for 2 poll periods (19 seconds)

&red test103 is unreachable