[hobbit] Sort of off topic (gsm modems)

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 17:40:48 CEST 2008

Thanks people,

Actually, we also use these PDU's and I did not think of it. Unfortunately,
this server is mounted inside a rack supplied by the data centre owner. I
can't just replace the whole PDU and we only pay for a portion of the rack.
I was looking for something small and relatively cheap.

The below is what I have found so far...

http://www.dataprobe.com/products/power/iboot/ibootac/index.html

Cheers

2008/4/8 Rob MacGregor <rob.macgregor at gmail.com>:

> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi hobbit users,
> >
> > We have a gsm modem hooked up to a hobbit server. It actually resides
> > offsite in another data centre. Today, the modem locked up and I now
> need to
> > travel to the site to power the thing off and on.
> >
> > has anybody experience with some sort of device that can do this
> remotely?
> > ideally, I would love to have some sort of black box that plugs into the
> usb
> > port of my linux based hobbit server. If we detect that the modem has
> > stopped working, we can send some sort of signal to switch the power off
> and
> > then back on...
>
> APC do rack mountable ones that have both web interfaces and a
> telnet/SSH interface.  The ones we use have 8 power sockets, each
> individually switched.
>
> --
>  Please keep list traffic on the list.
>
> Rob MacGregor
>  Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he
>  doesn't become a monster. Friedrich Nietzsche

Tel: 0400 466 952
Fax: 0433 123 226
email: philwild at gmail.com