[hobbit] Apple OSX 10.4.7 monitoring

Maik Heinelt maik at vegasystems.com
Fri Apr 4 05:49:57 CEST 2008

Dominique Frise wrote:
| Henrik,
|
| I checked our reference OSX client (where we compile and get the
binaries for other OSX clients). It is rather old and its version of
hobbitclient.sh (1.13) did not have the code for calling logfetch.

| You are definitely right: with Hobbit 4.2.0 and above, nothing needs
to be added in the hobbitclient-darwin.sh

| Sorry for the confusion...
|
| Dominique
| UNIL - University of Lausanne
|

| Henrik Stoerner wrote:
|> On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 09:10:33AM +0200, Dominique Frise wrote:
|>> We are using the Darwin client on G5/Intel OSX 10.[3,4,5].x servers.
|>> We had to add a couple of lines at the end of the
hobbitclient-darwin.sh script to be able to report the log status using
logfetch.

|>> $ diff hobbitclient-darwin.sh hobbitclient-darwin.sh.dist
|>> 56,60d55
|>> < if test -f $LOGFETCHCFG
|>> < then
|>> <     $BBHOME/bin/logfetch $LOGFETCHCFG $LOGFETCHSTATUS
|>> < fi
|>> <
|>
|> I dont understand why. This should run from the generic hobbitclient.sh,
|> right after it runs the OS-specific client script.
|>

|> Regards,
|> Henrik
|>

|> To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to
|> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk
|>

| To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to
| hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

Anyway, I still cannot monitor the OS-X 10.4.7 machine.
Any ideas, why it dosn't work?

Maik

- --
Heinelt Maik