[bbwin-users] [hobbit] BBWIN Client running on Exchange serve r issues?

Etienne Grignon etienne.grignon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 17:28:27 CEST 2008

Hi Bruce,

2008/3/21, White, Bruce <bewhite at fellowes.com>:

> Thanks for the response.
>
> We are running BBWIN 0.9 in local mode.
> All columns produced by BBWIN turn purple, in time.
> The last time BBWIN hung on our two servers 1 reported 340 out of 1400+
> messages matched, the other report 748 out of 2589 matched.
>
> I am the Unix guy in the shop.  I brought hobbit on-board.  The windows guys
> will not run BBWIN on these servers again until I can prove it is not
> causing all their problems (i.e.. 748 system level error messages).

I may know where the problem could come from. For people who has the
problem, I would like them to enable the option in bbwin.cfg file :

<setting name="logreportfailure" value="true" />

Then, you should check when it comes purple if you get events like this :

"BBWin failed to send the client data successfuly to the hobbit
server. The error was : can't connect to host : Only one usage of each
socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally
permitted.."

This error happen when we reach the maximum number of sockets
available on the box.
This link documents differents ways to handle this type of error :

http://blogs.msdn.com/dgorti/archive/2005/09/18/470766.aspx

Let me know if it is your case.

Thank you in advance,

--