[hobbit] After IP server change bbcombotest is looking for the old IP address

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Apr 3 15:26:37 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 01:58:01PM +0200, Bart Gillis wrote:
> I've set up a hobbit server very successfully with IP address
> 10.20.4.123. I became a FAN of this monitoring server.
> But I still have one problem.
>
> We changed our IP range, so I had to change the IP address of the Hobbit
> server. (10.0.6.13)
> I was able to adjust all required setting. All test besides the
> Combotest are working fine now.

Check your hobbitlaunch.cfg - there's a [bbcombo] section there:

[bbcombotest]
	ENVFILE /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
	NEEDS hobbitd
	CMD $BBHOME/bin/bbcombotest
	LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/bbcombotest.log
	INTERVAL 5m

The ENVFILE setting points to a configuration file, where bbcombotest
reads all of the configuration settings, including the IP of the Hobbit
server. Check this file, and replace all occurrences of the old IP
with the new one.