NooB questions - Status not Available

McIlrath, Paul pmcilrath at marketron.com
Tue Sep 25 21:29:05 CEST 2007

Hi,

Im a NooB to Hobbit. I have some Big Brother background which is why I chose Hobbit for a new monitoring project at my company.

Im running CentOS 5, and I installed Apache 2, and rrdtool-1.0.50-3.el5.rf.i386.rpm and Hobbit from hobbit-4.1.2p1-1e14.re.i386.

The installations all went smoothly, no error messages, I put some hosts in my bb-hosts file and fired up hobbitd.

The main page comes up, but when I click on any of the tests icons, instead of getting the current status for that hosts tests, I get a blank page with "Status not Available".  However, if I click on "all Non-Green view" from the view menus and look at the tests historically they are all there and can be viewed normally. I checked the files for the hosts in the hist, hislogs and logs directories and they are growing and receiving data from the clients.  A ps -ef | grep hobbitd seems to indicate that hobbitd is up and running.

I suspect its a permissions thing, but the structure of Hobbit is different enough from BB Im not sure where to look.   I am also seeing a couple of odd behaviors in reports that makes me suspect that as well.  If I try to run a snapshot report I get a blank page with "Cannot create output directory", and the config report says it cannot contact the Hobbit server.

If this is the wrong place for this post, please let me know and I will go where I should. And if anyone has a little patience to help a NooB along for awhile, I will promise to do my time helping other NooBs along when the shoe is on the other foor and support this forum.

Paul

pmcilrath at marketron.com

</PRE>The information contained in this e-mail message may be confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender at exadmins at marketron.com