[hobbit] Idea about added RRD options

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Wed Sep 19 18:48:01 CEST 2007

SigurĂ°ur GuĂ°brandsson wrote:

> The graph is based on temperatures on 1-4 cpu's and 1-4 memory
> modules.
>
> The problem is that I can't know how many modules of cpu or ram I am
> going to put in a graph per server.
>
> The NCV module only generates one RRD file, so I can't use the
> @RRDIDX@ or @RRDPARAM@ variables for displaying everything correctly.

The split NCV patch might help get around this limitation.  It will
create a rrd file for each module in your test, instead of dumping all
of the modules into a single rrd for the entire test.  Split NCV is
supposed to be included in the 4.3 release, but there is a patch for 4.2
that Charles Goyard posted to the list sometime back.  If you cannot
find it in the archive, I can send it to you.

Tom