[hobbit] Critical Systems view loading problem

Tracy Di Marco White gendalia at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 23:43:54 CEST 2007

On 9/7/07, Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 09:30:58PM -0500, Tracy Di Marco White wrote:
> > I'm getting an "Internal Server Error" and the error log shows
> > "Premature end of script headers: hobbit-nkview.sh".  My problem seems
> > to be related to a test being yellow right now, and right now being
> > outside of the parameters of when the machine/test combo is critical.
> > If I change the critical time for the event from "|W:0800:1700|" to
> > "||", the critical systems page comes up fine.  If I put the time
> > constraints back, the page fails to come up again.  It started failing
> > after 1700, although I didn't notice it for about 15 minutes.  Is
> > anyone else seeing this problem?
>
> Interesting, it does sound like a bug. Could you send me that line from
> the hobbit-nkview.cfg file ?

So I worked with a co-worker to figure out where the problem is.
  In get_nkconfig() in ./lib/loadnkconf.c

                        /* Go to the next */
                        handle = rbtNext(rbconf, handle);
                        if (handle != rbtEnd(rbconf)) {
                                rbtKeyValue(rbconf, handle, &k1, &k2);
                                if (strncmp(realkey, ((nkconf_t *)k2)->key,...

  here k2 is treated as a pointer to a nkconf_t
  but it appears that it is really a 'char *'.

Is what he concluded from our poking with gdb. We haven't gotten
any further in debugging, but hoped this would help to pin down
the problem.

-Tracy