[hobbit] problems building the latest snapshot (Solaris 10)

Richard Wachter rich at richwachter.com
Wed Sep 12 16:18:14 CEST 2007

Henrik,

Thanks for the help, unfortunately it did not resolve the problem.

I tried a clean install ( rm -r snapshot; tar xvf hobbit-snapshot.tar ) and
I received the same results.  I tried changing the bbnet/Makefile before the
configure and after, same results.

chmod 755 bbretest-net.sh
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused -D_REENTRANT  -DSunOS -I.
-I/users/hobbit/snapshot/include -I/usr/local/include -o contest
-I../include -Ic-ares -DSTANDALONE contest.c httptest.o dns.o
dns2.o./libcares.a ../lib/libbbgen.a
bind                                /var/tmp//ccIP3DG3.o
recv                                ./libcares.a(ares_process.o)
send                                ./libcares.a(ares_process.o)
getservbyname                       ../lib/libbbgen.a(url.o)
gethostbyname                       dns.o
socket                              /var/tmp//ccIP3DG3.o
getsockopt                          /var/tmp//ccIP3DG3.o
connect                             /var/tmp//ccIP3DG3.o
hstrerror                           dns.o
inet_addr                           ./libcares.a(ares_gethostbyname.o)
inet_aton                           /var/tmp//ccIP3DG3.o
inet_ntoa                           /var/tmp//ccIP3DG3.o
h_errno                             dns.o
shutdown                            /var/tmp//ccIP3DG3.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to contest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [contest] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/users/hobbit/snapshot/bbnet'
make: *** [bbnet-build] Error 2

--
Richard Wachter
rich at richwachter.com
<><   Precariously perched on the precipice of another day . . .